Thursday, June 13, 2013

Goodbye Playa Del Carmen

Well, this is it! My time in Mexico for MARVET is officially over. The last several days went so quickly starting Saturday! Although I didn’t love every minute of this trip, I loved most of them and that’s what counts! I’m glad the rain finally let up and went away because it was really getting on my nerves by day 5.

My roommate and I got up at 8:30a to finish getting things together and to get breakfast before leaving. I had super yummy French toast with bacon for breakfast – wish I had discovered that sooner! Afterwards, we finished getting her ready to go to the ferry to Cozumel for her flight home. My last adventure in Mexico was finding the post office to mail post cards. The guy at the front desk told me to go to the corner of 20th and 2nd and there I would find the mail center, so after I walked my roommate to the ferry, I headed off to find the post office. When I arrived, all I saw was a drop box. Not helpful as I needed stamps first! Begrudgingly and confused, I began heading back towards the hotel to re-explain my request. One block up, I ran into a travel agency. Lucky for me, he spoke English and I was able to explain my predicament. He told me that it was a bright pink building on the right and that I couldn’t miss it, so I tried again. Sure enough, it’s bright pink! I missed it because it’s not much of a store, and it had no identifying markings on the outside that I could see from the sidewalk. 150 pesos later, all of my cards have been mailed!

Next up was finalizing my packing plans. It didn’t take me too long to get everything in order, so I ran back out for a few last minute pictures. There is a beautiful statue on the beach that I had hoped to get a good picture of during my trip and I managed to get an excellent shot as there were few people hanging around so early in the day. Playa doesn’t really start to get busy until mid-afternoon.

I am finally headed to the airport to catch my flight. Several of my groupmates and I caught the ADO bus to the airport, an easy and efficient way to travel and very close to our hotel! To think that 2 weeks ago I stepped off that bus and went the wrong way while touring the city a bit!


Time to say goodbye – it’s been a great MARVET trip Playa Del Carmen 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment