Saturday, February 18, 2012

Study, Study

It's just one of those days. One where I pretty much don't leave my room or my desk. I did however manage to get 12 hours of sleep last night. I feel 1000x better today than I have recently. I know I've said it before, but vet school is exhausting. Despite sitting on my bum all day every day, vet school has this way of sucking every last ounce of energy out of you and then begging for more. Chronic sleep deprivation is pretty much expected. It was a little bit easier last semester when lab started an hour later most days because having to get up early is just killing me this semester! It's not so much that I hate getting up so early (I mean don't get me wrong, I definitely do), but more the fact that it is extremely hard to get to bed at a reasonable hour at the end of the night. There is always so much to be done, not enough time, the fact that I tend to lose track of time after about 10:30p, and my night owl tendencies.

Anyhow, twas a day of studying, procrastinating, and lazing around. Vet roomie and I treated ourselves to amazing smoothies this evening as a study break-they were delicious! I got chocolate fusion (chocolate and peanut butter), roommate got PawPaw and peanut. I have no idea what a PawPaw is. Not even after tasting her smoothie. I assumed it was some sort of fruit, but it certainly didn't taste fruity so who knows. Good for her for being brave and trying something new! My favorite is banana (just plain banana), but they were out of bananas (not surprising since it was later on a Saturday evening and they use all fresh/local fruit). In short, Grenada, in addition to having beautiful weather and beaches, is home to the best smoothies I've ever had. No matter where you get them, they are simply wonderful. If you ever come here for vacation or school, you must try lots of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment