Monday, October 15, 2012

1st Day Back

Well I certainly didn't want to go to class today, but all in all it wasn't too bad. Lucky for me, I don't have to start Mondays off with morning labs. My day is Tuesdays.

Four classes this afternoon - parasitology, pathology, clinical pathology, and virology. Our parasitology professor is an all-around fun and lovely lady so I definitely like that class. The last 3 classes had new professors (all visiting) so that kept things interesting. The first is a very southern DVM/PhD for GI pathology. Love him! It is so refreshing to have someone with an American accent, nevermind a southern accent!! He's also very laid back and fun to listen to, so I have a feeling I will learn a lot in GI path! Next up is another American from UC Davis. He is also super awesome and easy to understand. He is also rather passionate about teaching clinical pathology. Combine that with a topic I'm really interested in (immune mediated cell destruction, transfusion medicine, etc.) and that class is also super interesting at the moment. Our last new professor is for virology, and while he's American without an accent, I definitely found myself yawning and daydreaming a bit during class. Let's face it - virology is not a thriller. There are a few interesting points here and there, but as a whole the subject doesn't have you on the edge of your seating dying to find out what else is out there. Or at least not for me haha. He's also not very good at getting to the point. I just want to beg him to spit out what he wants to say, it's driving me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment