Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas from Penny, Sampson and me! A nice holiday all around with the family with a morning filled with gift giving, an afternoon of relaxing, an evening of tasty roast beef (soooo good!) and a bedtime snack of chocolate cake!

Sampson and Penny enjoyed the gift giving benefits today too! Sampson really enjoys ripping paper and had a great time shredding open his presents that included rawhides, nylabones, and an elk antler to chew on. Sensing a theme? His paper interests carry over to things like toy instructions and newspapers too so I guess I'll need to be extra careful not to leave notes lying around in the spring! I can just see it now - "Sorry professor, my dog ate my study material!" Penny received the gift of food today - a Christmas salad, vitamin hay tablets, 2 bales of hay, and dried banana chips. She wouldn't have it any other way! She takes her "pig" title quite seriously! Both animals were kind and obliged their camera loving mother. Penny is the best - she even sits there and poses and puts up with me patiently!

It wouldn't be a complete post if I didn't mention how much I miss Lucy. I love having Sampson in my life, but it's still so bittersweet. I miss that silly dog so much. She was my special needs canine that fit so well with her special needs mommy. Sampson is so very lucky to have fallen into the spot he's living now but boy Lucy and I sure had to be so unlucky for him to get here. She was my Christmas present last year, he is my Christmas present this year. I still have a never ending supply of tears for that dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment