Friday, December 20, 2013

The One Year that Should Be

A year ago today, I brought Lucy home with me. She was scared out of her mind but immediately knew how to get the things she wanted - a comfy bed, a nice walk, a tasty meal. She instantly knew who her human was and she would have followed me to the ends of the earth. Lucy, Sampson is forever in your debt as he now shares the home you so loved. His shelter days are over and he doesn't have to wander the streets as a stray. He even proclaims his love for his new home by refusing to leave and dashing up the stairs to come back. It is so bitter sweet sharing this new love with him, a love that belonged to you not that long ago. I will truly miss you forever, but your memory will forever live on in my heart. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment