Friday, May 11, 2012

25%

Finals are over! We survived, studied hard, didn't sleep enough, and are now more than ready to hop on a plane to the United States soon!

25% represents the amount of my degree I have now officially completed! I absolutely can not believe an entire year of school has past already! Where on earth did these 8 months go? One year ago, I was just a few days past being accepted to veterinary school, graduating from Virginia Tech with degrees in Biological Sciences and Psychology, and wondering how on earth I was going to accomplish everything I needed to do before school started! Now I am 1/3 of the way through my education on the island, and 1/4 of the way through the whole program! Time certainly does fly!

This year has been full of surprises and firsts. I traveled internationally for the first time. I handled an emergency situation pretty well and some what gracefully, I learned how to live alone, and I learned how to live in another country. I learned 1000's of new facts and tidbits, worked with brand new people, figured out how to cook meals with limited supplies and ingredients, and have learned more about myself than I ever dreamed possible! I am so glad that I am at this veterinary school and no where else. All of this experience has made me who I am today, right here right now, and will be a part of the doctor I become. I have not loved every minute of it (and I will tell you that you are crazy if you tell me that you do love every minute of it), but I have loved many moments and thoroughly enjoyed myself over the last 8 months. I can't wait to pick up where we've left off next fall and help new students make the transition here, but I am certainly ready to go home to enjoy a much needed and well deserved break! Until we leave, we shall be enjoying celebratory chocolate cake and cupcakes to mark the completion of an entire year for me and an entire semester for my vet roommate!

No comments:

Post a Comment