Thursday, May 3, 2012

Umbrellas and Trees

Mmm I wish when I said "umbrella" I was referring to the delicious beach restaurant, but unfortunately I am not. I was half way to my destination yesterday when Grenada decided it was the perfect time for a down pour. I know I've mentioned Grenadian rain before-it either seems to be the kind of rain that barely gets you wet, or the kind of rain that is going to soak you no matter what. This rain was the latter. With no buildings to dash to and no rain coat or umbrella with me (wasn't thinking about it when I left that morning), my options were to get torrentially drenched or to duck under a tree. I chose the tree. As it turns out, tropical trees make an excellent umbrella substitution (the exception being that they don't move). This also turned out to be a good storm to duck out of, because it rained hard for at least 10 minutes. Moral of the story, if you find yourself caught in a storm, try the nearest tree!

Also, finals week is officially upon me as of 9am tomorrow morning when I have my first "finals week" final. Due to this, I will likely be suspiciously absent over the next week or so, but I promise to return with lots of pictures when it's over because we have a ton planned for that weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment