Tuesday, August 27, 2013

So Much To Do, So Little Time!

This has been a stressful week so far. We finally started theriogenology yesterday and I'm really at a loss for words to describe how awful it is. I came home feeling so dejected and discouraged yesterday. I simply don't know what we're going to do. The professor is all over the place, the notes and lectures are a disaster, and no one has a clue what he's talking about. There don't seem to be any coherent thoughts being portrayed to us. Just bits and pieces of words slung at us like mud. Not good. I don't even know where to begin. The lab we had this morning and lecture we had this afternoon weren't any better either. I am just as lost and confused as I was yesterday, but now we're one day closer to next Friday's exam. We'll see what happens.

Other than that class, the rest are going pretty well. I'm still not sure what to think about diagnostic imaging. That class is also a bit far fetched and all over the place, but I can follow along, her notes make sense, and she is actually teaching us material even though her methods seem a bit vague and strange.

I am grateful for my couple of small animal classes, I feel most confident about being able to handle the material for them. I feel reasonably good about large animal surgery as well, but it's going to take some substantial work on my part to figure out what's going on since I'm not much of a large animal person.

I was elected president of our Student Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society tonight! I am very excited about that and the upcoming opportunities. I've had my eye on this position for awhile now and I look forward to accomplishing great things this term! It's a little overwhelming at the moment because normally the new executive board has the summer to work out kinks and get everything set up, and we're going to be doing it starting week 2 of the semester. I already have a lot of the ground work laid for plans at least!

I'm a little bit jealous of my dog currently, she is sound asleep at the foot of the bed. Must be nice to have not a care in the world except how much love, attention, and food you're receiving!

1 comment:

  1. Hey i found you a year ago through a site that prospective vet students and current students could get together and talk. Ive been trying to find it again and didnt know of anyother way to contact you because i remembered the doctor in the sand because i went to st georeges for the foudation program.

    ReplyDelete