Tuesday, December 3, 2013

No More Term 5 Classes!

I'm sorry I've been a little on the quiet side this semester, I don't really have a whole lot to say these days. Everything seems so trivial and meaningless in comparison.

Today we finished our last day of classes for the semester today. It's about time! I am so very tired of these classes and I am not sad to see them go! So much surgery, and frankly, I'm just not much of a surgery person! Theriogenology is going to go out just as badly as it started - I don't think anyone has positive or happy things to say about the class and we certainly don't know what to expect for Friday's final exams. Diagnostic imaging ended up turning into a little bit of a war and although we haven't seen the exam yet, we "won" because what was supposed to be a cumulative crazy final is now just covering material from two visiting professors. We shall see!

All that is left for the term is studying, something I'm not very excited about. Still hunting for motivation so if you have some to spare, please send it my way! I'm leaving Grenada the day after exams finish to go home, and although I'm a little sad I won't get to do much diving after exams are done, I am definitely ready for a break. I am currently struggling to find a new canine companion (so far I've been declined, too late, or the a mistake happened and the dog didn't end up with the rescue organization). 0-3 is definitely a bit discouraging and the memories of my dear friend and her demise are still very fresh in my mind. A change of scenery will do my heart good I think.

I am currently finishing up a rescue diving course and I've currently logged over 60 dives since I started! Hoping to make it to 70 by the end of the term, we'll see! Still very afraid of the whole water on my face thing, but aside from that, I'm turning into a regular fish! I'm also living true to my cold blooded nature - I swear the ocean gets colder every time I get in. Taunting and teasing by my fellow diving friends has assured me that this is not the case! Saturday I came back so cold, I was shivering like I was in a snowstorm and my fingers were going numb! I always dive in a full 3mm wetsuit, but there are plenty of people who dive here in just a bathing suit. Sunday I caved and somehow managed to squeeze myself into Christie's 7mm wetsuit (she is tinier than the thinest stick around so this was really nothing short of a miracle!) and I must say, it was just the most amazing thing ever. It was like being enveloped in a cozy warm blanket or a nice big hug the whole time under water and I wasn't the least bit cold! That might be a first for me! I think it's time for me to invest in a wetsuit better suited for a dive site other than the Caribbean ;).

I suppose I should get back to studying, I have a ridiculous amount of material to memorize between now and the official end of this semester and finals begin in just a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment