Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Two Months

Well, it has officially been two months. Doesn't seem possible and doesn't really feel like it. Lots of tears today (not an infrequent event these days unfortunately). I did at least get to finish the day with a breath-taking night dive though. So many beautiful corals feeding and crustaceans running around!

I was rejected by yet another rescue group today. Lucy is turning out to be more irreplaceable than I could have imagined! This group's reason was that they felt that flying on a plane (in cabin) would be too much stress to fairly put on an animal. It's a fair concern, but the dog I was interested in is currently living in a rural shelter. Trust me, living in a shelter where infectious disease is common and stress levels in those animals is through the roof because of the negative environment is way worse than traveling on a plane for a few hours. Insert pathophysiology rant about cortisol and stress hormones here haha.

My study buddy would not have been impressed by all of the stress and studying that's currently accompanying final exams!

No comments:

Post a Comment