Thursday, March 21, 2013

Adventures of a Naughty Dog Part 4

If you've been following along this semester, then you probably remember that I got myself a canine companion over winter break. You may also remember a post titled "Adventures of a Naughty Dog Part 1." Don't worry, parts 2 and 3 are still coming, but I came home to a spectacularly naughty display today so I figured I'd share.

Perhaps it was her way of retaliating for the bath yesterday or because she was displeased by the lack of unlimited belly rubs this morning, who knows. My normal day is 8a-1p with labs most afternoons that can go until 3:30 or 4:30 depending on the day and the lab. Today I was scheduled to have lab until 3:30ish, but I had actually made Lucy an appointment at the clinic for her chronic itchiness at 2:30p so I couldn't attend lab this afternoon.

I arrived home and was greeted at the door by Lucy - pretty typical when she knows it's just me at the door. We greeted, she went potty, we came in for lunch. Upon turning the light on in my bedroom (she has free rein of the bedrooms, bathroom, and kitchen when I'm gone), I discovered a box of saltine crackers and a bag of flour lying in the middle of my bed, surrounded by bits of plastic, cardboard, and a lot of crumbs. Lucy already knows she's been very bad so she's already in the corner with her "I'm sorry I was naughty" face. The box was empty, prompting me to search for package remnants. I found one intact row of crackers with a quarter sized piece of plastic ripped off of the middle near the window and a mutilated cracker wrapper with about 5 crackers at the end of the row left that had been smashed to pieces. Wonderful.

These crackers are not mine - my roommate left her food cupboard open this morning (which I noticed by thought nothing of it!). My roommate couldn't really give me a definitive answer on how many packs of crackers were in the box that can hold up to 4 rows. Initially she said there were 4 rows, then just two, but I found a third in her other cabinet so who really knows how many unsalted crackers this darn dog ate in my absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment