Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Flight Disaster Averted!

I booked my Grenada flight for August/December awhile ago. I usually get at least a few emails stating that American Airlines has "changed" my flights in some way, but usually those changes are really minor. Moved something by a few minutes. However, today I received one and when I looked, it turns out a pretty major change had been made.

When I fly here, I try to leave late enough from my home airport that I don't have to get up at some ridiculous hour of the morning and fight traffic, but not so late that I will still have a few hours in Miami before leaving for Grenada. A good buffer zone.

Today I get an email stating that my original 11am flight had been moved back to 12:50pm. It's a 2.5 hour flight, so it was going to get me in just over an hour before my Grenada flight was scheduled to leave. Yikes. That is for sure no good - too stressful for me, too much room for error and missing the Grenada connection (the hardest part to reschedule because they're so booked). I also fly with my dog who is going to need to pee between flights which requires leaving security and returning. Yeah, not a good plan with just an hour total.

I called AA thinking it was going to be a huge hassle and fight to get the flight moved, but they were super nice and moved it no questions asked! Now I'm leaving with several hours in between Miami and Grenada - good for both Lucy and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment