Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Adventures of a Naughty Dog Part 6

This crime spree has got to stop! In fact, the trash can has been conveniently relocated to underneath the kitchen sink in a cabinet in an effort to end the spree. There was no evidence when I got home today and no dog acting super guilty, but apparently my roommate came home to find that the trash had gracefully been individually plucked from the can (but not consumed). The one thing she did eat was the last couple of slices of a VERY stale loaf of bread, one that has been in the fridge for more than a month now. Guess she has a thing for stale, tasteless items? Who knows. Hopefully this doesn't happen again though!

It might be me making excuses for her, but she is on low dose prednisone at the moment due to extreme itchiness. One of the side effects is polyphagia (increased hunger). Whether or not this is playing a role, the behavior is unacceptable. She is drinking and peeing a ton (other side effects of the drug) so I have to believe that at least a little bit of her naughtiness is related.

In other news, I am SO sick of my food options here. I really need to make the effort to try new crock pot items now that I have one, but I just feel so lazy and turned off when it comes to food. Tired of cooking, tired of eating the same things. Blah. I really just wanted to eat snack food tonight, but since I hadn't had dinner (it was nearly 9:30p) I decided to be good and bake some chicken with BBQ sauce. Well I forgot about said chicken, and 40 minutes later at about 400 degrees, the chicken was dessicated and covered in a burnt layer of BBQ sauce. Oops. I wonder if I would have made an effort to eat the really dried out chicken had it not been covered in burnt sauce. It was only about 15-20 minutes over done...

No comments:

Post a Comment