Thursday, October 25, 2012

Claws

Happy Grenadian Thanksgiving! If you are wondering what Thanksgiving is like in Grenada, read all about it here! Not a particularly exciting day, but it was a day off from classes, so that is always a plus in my book!

I was planning on a leisurely early afternoon swim, but the idea of having to put sunscreen on was quite deterring. Instead, I opted to go later in the afternoon around the time the sun started to set so I didn't need any sunscreen haha. Lazy!

I have noticed the underwater world tends to be pretty active late afternoon. I feel like I see more activity and more fish when I go swimming later in the day. Could be a coincidence, by I like to think that it's dinner time and everyone is out getting a meal before it's dark out. Who knows.

Today's theme was things with claws. Lots of different critters with claws, and some I've never seen before! I also saw a new type of eel. He was pretty cool, but he definitely scared me silly because he was pretty interested in me! I saw him, snapped a really good picture, but wanted more. So as I reset and swam in for close ups, he began to inch is way out of the hole, watching me the whole time. When he was far enough out to sufficiently freak me out, I swam away fast! I'm just not used to the marine life being very interested in me. Usually the animals are indifferent or terrified! So I swear he was going to eat me (although I didn't see any teeth!).

No comments:

Post a Comment