Saturday, October 6, 2012

TIG

Went to the grocery store yesterday, they had no dairy products or orange juice. -TIG

I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but TIG stands for This Is Grenada. Just a bit of a joke for us islanders.

So you're reading no dairy or orange juice at a grocery store??? Well let me take a moment to remind you that these things are imported weekly on a boat that arrives on Thursdays. Okay wow, you say. But wait. If you went yesterday, that would have been Friday. So by all reasons and theory, the store should have been stocked! Well yes. And this is precisely why I go on Fridays. But what happens when the boat breaks down and doesn't arrive?? No dairy or orange juice, and no re-stocking of sold out products! : D. So yes, TIG.

Anyhow, one midterm down, 3 to go. This week is going to stink. Pathology, virology, clinical pathology. I think I'm going to start praying for a miracle right now! However, I'd just like to mention that of all the places in the world to study veterinary medicine, there is no place I'd rather do it than at SGU. As my friends at home post about fall weather and first snows, I can't help but look out my window at tropical paradise and grin. I LOVE walking outside to 85 degrees of pure tropical beauty and sunshine every day. There is no place I'd rather be building my future than here. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment