Thursday, October 18, 2012

"No Tropical Cyclones At This Time"

I got up this morning nice and late (I love super sleep in mornings!) and decided that before I did anything else for the day, I was going to go run my errand to an office on campus to pick up some papers. Get the sweating and grossness out of the way first basically. Because it's pretty much a guarantee here that walking around outside will leave you feeling like you are melting and in desperate need of a shower.

On my walk over, I noticed that it almost felt "cool" out, there was a pleasant breeze, and that it felt quite nice out. I figured I just hadn't had enough time outside yet, but I came back with the same feelings! It was beautiful out, and looking out at the ocean, I really wished I had my camera with me so that I could share the beauty of the day.

As I was heading back into my dorm, I happened to glance off into the distant skies to note they looked rather dark. The source of the lovely weather no doubt (previously blocked by buildings on my route). Yup, within minutes it was sprinkling, and the weather simply deteriorated from there.

I had looked at the NOAA hurricane page this morning to see the statement "no tropical cyclones at this time" pasted across the Atlantic ocean. "Where did Rafael go?" I wondered. Either way, I smiled thinking this meant that it would no doubt be beautiful for a while without the threat of a tropical storm! WRONG!!! But not to worry, I just love being wet in class and in reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment