Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Shoats"

Hello all, just thought I'd pop by and share a brief story. Exams started today...yikes. Cardiovascular pharm...gee that was...fun...really can't wait to see that again on the final...

Anyhow, I was on my way to the clinic for a shift this evening when a rather large flock of sheep/group of goats - I'm not sure which they were crossed my path. OH! Idea, I shall refer to them as "shoats," a term introduced to us by our clinical pathology professor for referring the the small ruminants wandering the island. So these "shoats" suddenly decided the grass looked greener on the other side, and one by one they frantically began running across the road. This is not a very wide road, I reckon two cars could pass side by side comfortable with breathing room, but it's not super wide or anything. As they began running after one another, they started to hold up traffic. I was very impressed with how patient everyone was with the "shoats." There were plenty of babies to stare at - so cute!! I'm sure about 10 minutes after they switched sides, they went back to the original side as the foliage looked rather limited on my side of the street! Wish I had had my camera with me to take pictures :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment