Thursday, March 15, 2012

The "Dry" Season

The fall semester is supposed to be the rainy season and the spring semester is supposed to be the dry season. And I'm pretty sure it rains in the mountains/rainforest continuously, because it seems like every time I look out that way, they look grey and rainy.

It rained a fair amount last semester. Mostly over night, and then had a habit of being grey and cloudy on the weekends. So far it seems to have rained at least as much, if not more this semester. The locals and upper term students keep reassuring us this is unusual. That the farmers are usually really suffering in the spring. I like listening to the rain when I'm studying in my room, but I really wish that it would stay nice and sunny out during the day (unless I have a test I should be studying for instead). It is impeding any fleeting chances I have to swim and do things outside! I'm already so busy and pretty lazy, adding the rain into the mix pretty much guarantees that I curl up in bed and read/nap/play games instead of getting out of this little room to enjoy some fresh air! Hopefully I will be able to go to the beach tomorrow between classes, because I'd really like to get some exploring and swimming in!

No comments:

Post a Comment