Monday, March 12, 2012

Where's My Water and Feisty Malinois

Sorry for no post yesterday, I got home from a shift at the small animal clinic way too late to be blogging and not sleeping!

Remember that water problem I mentioned the other day? Yeah, turns out it's still an issue. How I found out this time? As I was scrubbing shampoo in my hair, the water pressure took a nice dip from its already crummy normal state. Just a nice drippy drip for me to frantically wash all the soap out with. I guess I'm lucky because I didn't lose it completely-that would have really been a disaster!! And yeah, yeah, 3rd world country blah blah blah. But I am pay over $1000 USD a month to live on campus, and although I've had a lot of showers here up to this point, and have not had it die in the middle. It's one thing if I know before I get in that there is no water, the water is only cold, or that it's trickling, it is quite another to be sneak attacked. That is just not cool. That will teach me to delay during the day!

My other story consists of being beaten around by a feisty dog at the clinic last night. He was a rather large dog with some anxiety issues and required at least two people every time he was dealt with. I am at a stage in my veterinary skills where I feel more comfortable being the restrainer, not because I don't know what to do, but because I know that I am going to have a good grip on the animal to keep both of us safe. I'd much rather guide a less experienced person through something while holding than do it myself and risk us both (if it's possible-sometimes whatever needs done needs someone who has done the procedure before and is a little more complicated than just explaining). Anyhow, big, strong, anxious dog equals lots of involved restraint and apparently leads to me coming home with a gazillion sore muscles. Seriously, did not realize I took quite a beating last night over the 7 hours but my body certainly feels differently!!

No comments:

Post a Comment