Thursday, September 29, 2011

Food

I haven't commented on food recently so I think I shall update about my eating situation down here in Grenada (since I just had dinner and don't want to study yet).

Well I haven't really been adventurous in eating (both cooking and eating out), but I'm sure that really comes as no surprise to those who know me. I think I have come up with a couple more meals though. Instead of eating the same 5 things every week, I have increased that number to 8! And then we usually eat out at least one night a week to be social :) I also still despise handling raw meat. Super yucky!!!

I am also still pretty cautious about eating foods from certain restaurants. There is one cluster of hut restaurants right near campus that I don't really trust when it comes to food safety. Everyone really likes the different foods, but it just all makes me nervous (one of these days I'll remember to take a picture of it all). Most people who have eaten there have gotten sick at least once afterwards. I'd really rather take my chances being plain and boring thank you.

I have learned that when it comes to dishes, owning only 1 pot is a HUGE advantage. Basically it never takes me more than 5 minutes to wash all of my things. Love it! It is a pain when I want to cook a meal that requires more than one pot, but patience is a virtue and most of the things I make cook quickly so it's not too much of a hassle. My pantry has expanded and I now store things in one of the cupboards too! Yay for having food-it's a big step up from the completely bare shelves I had for 5 days at the beginning of the semester!

One other thing to comment on, I now eat a lot of yogurt and granola bars. Things I never really used to touch at home. They are awesome snacks for class or lunch foods! The biggest problem is whether or not the grocery store has them in stock! I try to keep extras of all of my foods so that when things aren't in stock for a few weeks, it isn't too big of a deal. Peanut butter was out for the last month, I'm extremely low! Thankfully it was back in stock today :) Grocery shopping is always an adventure here!

No comments:

Post a Comment