Friday, September 2, 2011

Three Weeks Down...

...151 to go! Yes I am keeping track haha. The time is going by quickly though! Occasionally days seem to drag by forever, and thats usually when we have 3-4 boring lectures crammed together (aka we have no anatomy lecture in the afternoon to stimulate us). In the upcoming week, we have our first 2 exams to look forward to, yikes!!! Histology on Monday and Physiology on Wednesday. To balance this out though, we start our 4 week clinical orientation class which means going to the auscultation lab, learning to do physical exams on dogs/cats/large animals/cows, and probably some other incredibly fun stuff too!

After class today, a couple of classmates and I made a short grocery run. Have to make sure we have milk before it runs out! I refuse to drink powdered milk so I will go without if the store no longer has "normal" milk. The highlight of that trip was finding non-spicy steak seasoning! They've had the spicy one for the last several weeks but this is the first time we've seen the original recipe!

A few of my friends and I went to Prickly Bay in Lance Aux Epines for dinner tonight. Picnic tables outside near the water and under endless stars with live music makes for a lovely dining experience, especially when the mosquitoes stayed away! We took one of the school buses to the restaurant and back. It was dark out and on the way there, the driver took us through a bunch of back roads (it was pretty creepy!). The food was really good and I definitely had a good time.

After dinner, we decided to go to Bananas, a local club just down the road from campus. When we got there, it was about 11pm and the place was deserted! One thing that was highly amusing was when we entered and paid the cover fee, they gave each person a jello shot. There is no IDing involved in this process what soever. They also don't card you at the bar (observations from my friends, I'm not drinking :-p). We stood around chatting for awhile and just like most other things on the island, it is mostly outdoors (which is awesome). At one point we found a really weird looking millipede (initially thought to be a centipede!). We played with him for awhile-he was black with yellow stripes! I absolutely refuse to have anything to do with centipedes, but I'll admit that millipedes are really cool! When it started to get more crowded, we went inside to the dance floor and hung out for awhile. More like my friends danced and I stood there holding everything (it takes time and patience, we'll see where I am in 3 years :-p).




Overall, a really fun night! I think I'll put another hour into physiology and histology and call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment