Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another Wednesday

I'm not feeling very enthusiastic about this Wednesday. Last week it seemed like the light at the end of the tunnel, but this week is just pretty endless. I've been feeling pretty lonely and isolated since about day 3 due to some unforeseen circumstances. Granted, I'm here to study and get my degree, but having company around while doing it is nice.

On a brighter note, we had our first SVECCS (Student Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society) meeting tonight. We had the opportunity to sign up for weekend shifts at the school's Small Animal Clinic which is just down the road from campus. I signed up for a couple of day shifts and a bunch of overnight shifts for the semester. For the overnight shifts, you work from 5p-12a and then one of the people on the shift takes the on call phone home with them in case someone calls to bring an animal in. I'm hoping it will be a good way to be involved and to get some relief working with animals and medicine. It will also give me the chance to solidify what we are learning in class. We of course can study if we are having a quiet shift too, which is good.

Anyhow, I planned to be in bed an hour ago. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment