Monday, August 29, 2011

My alarm went off way too early this morning. Literally. As of last Wednesday, we officially changed our lab time from 2 split labs from 8a-10a and 10a-12p to 1 lab from 9a-12p. Something to do with AVMA guidelines. Whatever, I don't mind sleeping in later (although I do miss my extra long lunch/nap/study break). I totally forgot this when I set my alarm last night for my default 7:15a slot. When my alarm went off this morning, I groaned very sleepily and thought to myself what I would give for another hour of sleep. Just after that, it occurred to me that lab didn't start until 9a and so I actually did get an extra hour of sleep! It was the best surprise ever!

A couple of my classmates and I decided to hit up the beach for a little while after class today. We ended at 5p and decided to take the bus over to the other section of campus to visit the ocean. We got there around 6p (a little later than planned but we took forever to get ready and had to wait awhile for a bus). In Grenada, by the time 6p rolls around, the sun is already beginning to set. This means that the island temperature drops from a toasty and humid 85 degrees to a fairly chilly 79 degrees. We decided to ignore this though and went right in. The water felt amazing (though not quite as amazing as when it is beastly hot out) and we swam for a good 40 minutes before it was dark out. We saw a few fish but mostly just relaxed and swam around for fun (it felt SO good on the joints after sitting all day). We got out when it was dark in order to dry off and head back to campus. We also knew that they were going to lock the campus gate to the beach soon and didn't want to get stuck! All in all, an excellent way to spend an hour and a good stress reliever. I am looking forward to going back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment