Monday, August 15, 2011

DVM Degree Day 1

Today was the first day of classes at SGU. I thought classes started at 8am until last night, so I got a surprise extra hour (which I of course spent sleeping haha).

Woke up and went to anatomy lab this morning. We sat at (cold) anatomy tables in groups of 4. Dr. Pasquini handed out a lot of paper and then we got started. One of the packets we received is 60 pages and we have to know 43 of them by next wednesday for a quiz. Yikes!!!

Anatomy lab was pretty overwhelming, I'm not sure I'm ready for this! Eek! There is so much to learn and know. Towards the end of class, we were given skeletons to play with and learn the basic structures.


Next part of the day was lunch and getting my heavy textbook package. It was all very heavy and we're still missing 2 books!


The rest of the afternoon was in the classroom. Histology/embryology, physiology, and more anatomy. Mostly just syllabus work except for anatomy. Dr. Pasquini is going to do an excellent job at keeping us awake in class and teaching us!

Now it's time to get started on that large anatomy packet, yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment