Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dinner!

Today in animal nutrition, we talked about chickens. For some reason, it felt appropriate to go home and eat chicken for dinner, despite the fact that the lecture was about egg laying chickens rather than edible chickens. I feel like I'm getting the last word in or something. And it happens to be delicious!

I've already told you that there is a lot of American food here for me to eat and therefore I am in no danger of starvation. However, cooking for one can be a bit of a challenge. I try not to make leftovers because I'd rather eat fresh food than reheated food. I also only have one pot so things have to be made in sequence a lot. I think I've also mentioned that the vegetables (that you'd find in the US) are few and far between down here or absurdly expensive (not paying $9 US for asparagus!).

Tonight I decided to go with boiled chicken with BBQ sauce, beans, and a baked potato. I can't say enough how delicious the chicken is here! Boiled chicken may sound very bland, but the chicken is so flavorful that boiling merely is a way to cook it (I could eat it plain-and I was not willing to do that with the chicken at my house this summer). I microwaved my potato for a while and with some smart balance spread (can you believe they have that here?!) it is quite tasty. I also microwaved the beans in some water. They are called "beans," I honestly have no clue what kind they are (they look sort of like large green beans or soybeans perhaps). They are also tasty.
 I will leave you pictures of my delicious dinner that I am quite proud of. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment