Thursday, September 1, 2011

Studying!

Today was a particularly productive day for studying. No early morning lab meant getting to sleep in super late! That changes in a few weeks when Thursday mornings become a 3 hour radiology lab. Oh well, I like radiology and I'm looking forward to really learn to properly read radiographs.

After class, I came home and made pasta with sauce for dinner and toasted bread on the stove. The pan pretty much does the same trick as a toaster, just a little more thought and watching involved.

I spent two hours in the histology lab reviewing slides for tomorrow and reviewing physiology. After that I went to a physiology review session for an hour. Still not entirely certain how helpful these bigger group sessions are but we'll see. Next I spent 3.5 hours hanging out in the anatomy lab studying. It happens to be the perfect study space. Large tables, big open room, quiet, instant access to anatomy materials if that happens to be on the agenda. The major downside is that it smells horrible in the lab. You get used to it after 5 minutes or so to the point where you only get a strong whiff every now and then, but that initial adjustment period is brutal. And you still spend the whole time with your nose feeling a very minor burning sensation.  Trade offs...

The last thing I am going to do tonight is review anatomy with some colored pencils and watch one of my favorite shows online. Hopefully housekeeping won't show up in the morning until after I leave for lab (but I bet this is wishful thinking!).

No comments:

Post a Comment