Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Coolest Lizard Ever

I made an attempt at swimming today. Studied all afternoon and then went to Grand Anse. I got to the beach, pulled out my scuba mask, and went exploring. I swam a little ways out from shore to the first rock I saw to look for fish. I found fish, but I also found...JELLYFISH! Dozens of them! They instantly sent me swimming back to shore. :( All in all, the excursion lasted 5 minutes. Oh well, better luck next time I suppose.

While I was waiting to take the bus from Grand Anse back to campus, I saw an awesome looking lizard! On closer examination, He had a blue, green, and yellow body! I was very excited! I need to take some time out one of these days/nights to hunt around for lizards and geckos on campus. The fauna here is unique and fun to look at.

Tomorrow I have my first exam, I'm terrified! Yesterday I felt really good about my knowledge level. Today I feel like I know nothing. I spent a few hours this evening feeling totally panicked, but now I'm just tired and kind of beyond caring so much. The stressful part is knowing that I pretty much need to get all As in school because I potentially want to do a residency when I graduate. To be competitive, an excellent academic transcript is a must. Otherwise I'd be happy to do moderately well knowing all of the important stuff and some of the less important details. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment