Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It is Officially Time...

To start freaking out about midterm exams!! Woah, these are going to be brutal! I think the scariest part is that they get harder, more advance, and more in depth as the semesters go by! Not looking forward to future midterms and finals.

But enough about the future, I need to survive the current impending doom to move on to future doom. The hardest exam is definitely going to be histology. Mainly because we have what feels like 3 years worth of material from 7 weeks of class on the exam. Not looking forward to it at all. Next after that will be clinical orientation. Hopefully that will be an easy A. Dogs and cats, horses, and farm/food animals are covered on the exam but not too terribly in depth so it should be pretty manageable. Physiology is in the middle of the week. Not too concerned since I have a good understanding of the material in that class (and I feel like I could happily spend forever studying it because I find it fascinating). We get one day "off" which I will use to recharge my energy for anatomy. I think I've pretty much given up on anatomy. I think I will always feel hopelessly behind. And when I think I'm catching up, we do a thousand new things and I get knocked right back into the snake pit. The lecture and lab exam are going to be brutal, but I bet by that time in the week I won't care at all. (p.s. I did well on nutrition on Monday).

Today really officially starts the panic and many late nights to come (as if I don't stay up late enough as is). On the (small) plus side, we don't have any classes next week, so we will be able to devote all of our time to studying. Joy. Actually, there are many days where I feel like it would be far more beneficial to stay home and study than go sit in class. But I'd feel guilty if I skipped. Gotta work out that dilemma, it's hard to know I'm potentially losing 3-4 hours of quality study time per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment