Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Insomnia

Over the last few weeks I have randomly developed an insomnia problem. For those who know me, I'll give you a moment to pick your jaws up off the floor ;). Anyhow, every night, I pretty much lie in bed awake for at least an hour before I can fall asleep, and as soon as I awaken in the morning (whether it's from my alarm or an external noise), I'm pretty much up for the day (rather than my usual going back to sleep for hours). Its getting annoying, because it basically means I get 6 hours of sleep every night. And I know you're probably thinking "well why doesn't she just go to bed earlier??" but this is vet school, and my learning requirements are a pretty solid 8 hours of studying after classes end at 5p. I kid you not, I literally go home and study, go to groups and study, or go to the lab and study till about 12:30a-1:30a every night. Even on the weekends I can't manage to get a reasonable amount let alone catch up!


So why can't I sleep? I'm not really sure, because no matter what I do during the day (doesn't matter how much running around I do), I'm still wide awake come bed time! It's very frustrating. I find myself lying in bed awake with anatomical structures, physiologic problems, and histopathological slides floating through my brain. I've never had this problem before-usually I want to sleep way more than I should or have time for! I'll keep you posted on how I solve this problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment