Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Gecko

Well, after having so much fun on the hike tonight, when I saw a gecko outside the laundry room window, I decided that I had to try and catch him! I opened the window and reached out to grab him, but he ran upwards. However, apparently the windows here open on both ends when they aren't sealed shut so the gecko ran right into the building! He ran up the window and over to the wall. Not wanting him to starve or get hurt in the laundry room, I coaxed him down with a pole. I really meant to just have him run back outside, but I saw another opportunity to grab him, so I did. This time I was successful!

Elated, I had to find someone to show (I was pretty proud of myself!). I went upstairs and knocked on a friend's door to show her. She thought he was pretty cool too. One of our other classmates happened to be in the hall so we called him over to show him. At this point I had the gecko resting in my palm instead of holding onto him. My classmate tried to touch the gecko, and much to our surprise he took a flying leap from my hand to the ground, and proceeded to run into my friend's room! Unfortunately we have no idea where he went and were unsuccessful in our attempts to locate his hide out. Poor thing! I feel awful that this little guy is stuck inside :(. My friend and her med school roommate don't really care that he's loose (thankfully) but I'm worried he will die without a good food and water source. Hopefully he is able to make an escape some time soon! Bad vet student!!

No comments:

Post a Comment