Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 5, Check!

Week 5 of vet school is complete! The semester is going so quickly, midterms begin two weeks from Monday. Yikes!!!!

In my 3 am histology studying and room cleaning spree, I totally forgot to post last night-oops!

Last week we started a 3.5 week class that 1st term students take called Clinical Orientation. The object of the class is to introduce us to the basics of clinical veterinary medicine. We have lectures and labs most days of the week. Last week we went over cardiac and pulmonary auscultation and spent some time in our campus simulation lab. So much fun! This week we learned the basics about dog and cat physical examinations. We had two lectures and then spent yesterday and today at our small animal clinic practicing! I am very excited to start applying what I know and understand now to all of my future patients. Playing with dogs and cats was also an awesome break from studying and classes and I look forward to learning about cows and horses over the next two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment