Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fish!!!

And no I'm not eating them :-p

I took a little break today and went for a swim at Grand Anse (campus beach). This time it wasn't nearly dark out and I remembered to bring my scuba mask. I saw so many fish today!!! I saw at least 10 different kinds, one of which I'm fairly certain was a lion fish and 2 of which were probably some sort of tang. A school of fish (most of which were over 12" long) swam right in front of me! I also swam way out and saw sea urchins! They are large, purple, and have white spines. I couldn't get too close because they were probably 20 feet deep and my sinuses weren't going to let me go more than 8 feet under. All in all, it was an amazing trip! I can't wait to go back and I am definitely borrowing my parents' waterproof camera next semester so I can take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment