Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grenadians...

I had my first truly weird Grenadian encounter today. After classes ended for the day, a couple of my friends and I decided to celebrate the end of our anatomy exams from today with a swim at the beach. We went for about an hour and got out at sunset. As we were packing up our things, a Grenadian walks up to us and begins chatting. We stuck to polite and friendly but were trying to edge away so we could catch the bus back to campus. The guy happened to have 2 large pieces of aloe vera in his hands and decided that he was going to rub the sap on my legs! I was pretty much frozen and in shock for a few minutes while this strange dude was rubbing sap on me!!! He kept calling me "princess" and I was quite creeped out. My friends just kind of watched and continued to chat. Thanks guys. We were finally able to make a break for it and left telling him over and over that we needed to go to a review session (we did). A very very strange experience that I never want to have again. I could have come up with a thousand reasons to leave or back away but instead I froze. Very helpful. Lesson learned though, and at least he was harmless (though if I never see him again during my lifetime I won't be terribly disappointed haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment