Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 2 of the Grenadian Adventure

Woke up this morning to some weird phantom beeping from the microwave after not nearly enough hours of sleep. I gave the microwave a smug grin when I switched the circuit breaker off. For some reason, the clock I brought with me isn't holding time. It's currently 30 minutes behind after I reset it this morning. So much for an alarm clock!

The dorm room looks a lot better with sunshine and rest. The AC unit still drips and the bathroom ceiling is still soaked, but I think with some solid cleaning things will look a lot better.

The bed was quite comfy which was awesome. I was definitely concerned about that before we arrived since I can be very picky.

There is currently a red-throated bird flying in the tree outside our window. He occasionally stops and lands on the window to look in on us. Yay tropical creatures!

Getting the internet to work on our computers was a chore! I had way too many windows updates to install before the SGU software would run on my computer :( In addition to that, I could not remember my account password-oops! Clearly the issues have been resolved (thankfully!) since I'm now posting online :)

Well, we have lots of Grenadian history, policies, and procedures to learn about in sessions this afternoon along with a veterinary professionalism seminar this evening. Guess we should get heading off to those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment