Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hello!

Hello Everyone!

Hopefully this will be a good way for my friends and family to keep up with all that is happening in my life over the next four years while I am in vet school!

St. George's University is located on the beautiful island of Grenada in the West Indies sort of near the coast of Venezuela (Map). The school has programs for medicine, veterinary medicine, public health, business, some undergrad science and basic degrees as well as a handful of master's programs. Students who attend the DVM program (like me!) spend 6 semesters/3 years on the island for basic clinical science classes (think anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, radiology, medicine, etc) and then spend a 4th year at one of the school's clinical affiliates (US and around the world). 

I chose to attend SGU's SVM after a long and exhaustive application and decision process this spring. Myself and approximately 80 other classmates will begin our first term as vet students on August 15th-coming soon! We have a multiday orientation occuring before classes begin and then we're off to the races!

I'll try to update frequently since communication is pretty much limited to computers only to and from the US (at $2.00 a minute, it didn't seem worth while to keep my US cell phone!). Time for me to become well versed at skype, google chat, google+, facebook, instant messanger, and email (thankfully I already have the hang of the last 3!)-yikes!

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Get everyone you'll want to talk to to get a skype. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete