Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weight Issues

No amount of organization or fabulous packing skills can prepare you to tackle a suitcase with weight problems. To move to Grenada, I can bring a total of 4 bags on the airplane. Two pieces of checked luggage (50lbs per bag with $100 fee for bags 50-75lbs), a personal item, and a carry on (40lbs). I essentially have to stuff my life into 150 lbs or less. Easy, right? No not at all!!!

I already cut to the minimum when I was packing originally, how the heck am I supposed to cut more?! My dad has plenty of ideas for me but I'm not quite willing to listen yet. After all, I still have over 24 hours to fix this problem!

What I need is a moderate sized carry on bag, because I have plenty of weight "room" left in there. Grr for bags being too small and there being size limits. 45" total for dimensions is not quite as large as I imagined.

Also, forget invisibility. What we really need to invent are anti-gravity suitcases. Space is not an issue in my bags. Think of all of the good things that could be achieved with anti-gravity suitcases! There would be no more excuses for leaving suitcases at an airport by the planes, I certainly wouldn't have packing issues, life would be good. So engineers get working on this please!

Well I guess I had better get back to trying to make magic happen. I'll let you know how that goes! (although I think you can already take a guess haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment