Friday, August 19, 2011

My First Night Out

After a seemingly long day of class, I made it to two grocery stores and back today! I'll make a post with pictures detailing my grocery shopping experience later. I know you are much more interested to know what I mean when I say I went out tonight haha.

Suspicions confirmed, I went to my first bar/club ever! Crazy huh? We had a get-together picnic on campus and then there was an after party at a local bar/club (not really sure what the heck it would be called) about a ten minute walk from campus. I had no intentions to go (you know me!) and actually had plans to study (first by myself and then with a couple people). But then they ended up getting talked into going out, so I had a choice to make. Go back to my room by myself, do little studying (lets be honest here haha), and feel lame and isolated, or go out and explore Grenadian night life. Vet school and this journey are all about trying new things and experiencing as much as I can, so I opted for the latter (a true shocker, I know!).

I will also throw out there that the sun sets around 6:45p here. So we made our way out of campus (on foot) in the dark down the road for about 10 minutes until we found Dodgy Dock. It was probably the best place for me to experience this first because it was a dock with a canopy roof overlooking water. How cool is that?! It was also very pretty and made the atmosphere seem more relaxed and not too crowded. The group I was with ordered drinks at the bar (I did not, I still stick by my not drinking) and then we found a little table and sat down to chat for a few hours. It was a lot of fun and we saw many of our classmates. The drunk and drinking people were pretty entertaining admittedly.

At the end of the evening, we walked back to campus (in a group with guys so no preaching or worrying!) trying to avoid getting run over or falling in all of the holes. It was an amusing walk back-one of our friends was pretty drunk. We all made it back to campus, and I am very happy to have a room with AC and a cleansing shower!
This is Dodgy Dock during the day. Pretty, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment