Monday, August 8, 2011

Packing Complete

All of my packing is finally finished. I have about 150lbs worth of things to bring with me to Grenada. Having a larger carry on bag was substantially more useful but it was still tough to meet the 50lb limits for each large bag. I ended up trading my shampoo/conditioner for a bath mat, pair of shoes, a pair of scrubs, and a towel. Hopefully it proves worth it!

I am a little bit apprehensive about making such a big trip, but I am 100% sure that the outcome will be worth it. I have worked very hard for many years to finally be where I am today and I very much look forward to beginning the journey that will continue to take me where I want to go in life. A lot of sacrifices have been made but hopefully when I look back on them, they will continue to seem worth it.

I will most of all miss my piggy. She has pretty much been with me every day since I brought her home 2 years ago. I am very sad that she will not be making the trip with me, but I know that it is a sacrifice that is being made for her well being. I hope she is not too lonely without me; I know the food will still remain plentiful so she won't starve! I wish I could explain to her what is happening, I worry that she will feel abandoned. Hopefully that is just me anthropomorphizing though. She is sitting here next to me-little does she know that as soon as I finish here, I have vowed to eat a peach and share it :) She will be quite thrilled.

Here's to what will hopefully be a smooth trip, a quick transition, a lot of fun, and hopefully as few tears as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment