Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Flights Resolved

Resolved my flight issues today! I called American Airlines again during my lunch break and asked for an explanation. When this person priced the flight change out for me, it came up $50 cheaper (so $210) which had me very confused. She said that basically the "class" of ticket I purchased back in March was no longer available on this flight so I was looking at a cost difference between "classes." So when the round trip previously was $837, the new total went up to $900 something. Okay, all makes sense to me, I tell her I'll think about it and get back to her. As soon as I hang up the phone, it occurs to me that no matter how you multiply $369, you can't get $900 on a round trip flight, so I am once again very confused. I decided to call my father to see what he thought and ended up leaving a long winded message.

Tonight when we're talking, I am ranting on and on about how I just want to be home! I am so sick of being here, I am so sick of pathology, I am so sick of studying and going to class. He can't really offer any insight on the flight situation other than the airline companies like to make things secretive and extra-complicated in order to make extra money. I'd have to agree after all of my AA phone calls! At the end of the call, he sweetly offers that they'll pay half of whatever the total cost ends up being. Yay!!! I love my parents :).

I decided to call AA one more time and ask again about the $369 flight. The lady this evening was not as nice as the one this afternoon, but nicer than the lady last night. You can tell as you're talking to them that they deal with very rude and angry people all the time, because the second you pose a question to them, their tone of voice gets defensive. I enjoyed listening to tonight's woman, because she would weave in and out of the defensive tone as she realized I wasn't going to be mean and yell at her. Quite honestly, I don't think I'm capable of being mean to people like that. I have a tendency just to be submissive and non-confrontational. So this woman starts looking around at flights and the various airports in my home area, and finds a flight that will only cost me $30 extra. She tells me this is the best deal for that day, and I decided to take it! Is $180 an absurd amount of money to pay? Absolutely. But I want to go home!! I want to be with my family, I want to eat real food, I want to be with my Penny and my dogs, I want to have more time to shop, more time to dog hunt, more time to basically not be in Grenada. I love it here, but enough is enough! Island fever at this point haha.

When I talked to my mom after the switch, she was telling me that after I spoke to my dad earlier, he was very confused. He was surprised I wanted to come home so badly, he thought I loved it here! And I do, but I am so ready to be done with this semester! I am tired of Grenada and school, I just want a break :). So now I get to fly home on December 12 - less than one month from now!!! I am flying into a different airport at a later time at night, but that's okay, I get to be reunited with all the ones I love!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to start something up myself that is actually about giving unsigned bands the exposure they deserve, especially when they travel so far to play the smallest gig they've ever played in their lives.

    Flights to New York | Cheap Flights to New York | Cheap Air Tickets to New York

    ReplyDelete