Monday, November 12, 2012

Pharmacology

It's pretty rare that things we talk about in class on a day to day basis are interesting enough to warrant a blog post (after all, you don't really want to learn about the intricate details of the liver or eyes, the exact mechanisms of action for a variety of chemotherapeutic agents, the parasites you might get doing seemingly innocuous things-like eating-or how to break down the boring details of clinical pathology), but occasionally a professor will add a little extra something to their presentations that just deserves a shout out.

Today's post is brought to you by pharmacology. The current topic of discussion is reproductive pharmacology, so I guess this at least sorta-maybe-kinda makes sense to have in a presentation, but I am a very conservative and rather shy person and I'm also pretty easily shocked. It's small and in black an white on our handouts, so we knew a cartoon was coming, but extra close inspection would be the only way you'd get to see all the..err...details. This pops up on the screen and there are some giggles of amusement and embarrassment as the professor launches into detail about oxytocin. I figured it would be the sort of thing that would get changed quickly as we moved onto a more suitable slide, but no, I had the pleasure of awkwardly averting my gaze as best I could for what felt like at least 5 minutes!

So if ever you were wondering if we ever do have some fun in veterinary school, I suppose this proves that the answer is yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment