Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy American Thanksgiving! Try not to kill anyone tonight/tomorrow (or any day really) while you're out shopping!

We had our "traditional" vet school dinner tonight - super thank you to Hill's and Novartis for donating turkeys and drinks for tonight. We really appreciate the ability to have a thanksgiving dinner even though we're thousands of miles from home and away from our families. It's a bitter sweet time for everyone.

The food was amazing! I didn't have a single dish tonight that I didn't like (although I was not particularly fond of the taste combination that resulted when I set something chocolate on top of mashed potatoes!). No other place will I have my pick of dozens of different side dishes - tonight alone I had 3 different kinds of mashed potatoes! I only stopped at 3 because I didn't want to get too many stares from my friends when I showed up with a ton of potatoes haha - I'm Irish, it's in my blood? I'm pretty sure I picked up at least 4 different turkey pieces too, because everyone has a different and unique way of cooking it! I squeezed a little bit of pumpkin pie in tonight, someone made a fantastic pumpkin pie dip (yum!!), as well as my pumpkin bars. I also had a rice krispie treat, some strawberry cheesecake and a couple of buckey balls. Please don't judge me too harshly! I swear I only had about 2 bites worth of the above mentioned foods! The key is to take just a tablespoon or so of everything so you get to try lots of dishes without getting too full to try everything! I love it! I guess it ended up being very convenient that I forgot to eat lunch today (yes, I seriously forgot! I was so busy checking tasks off my list this morning and then suddenly it was almost 1:30!). 

Less than 3 weeks left officially! 4 more days of class, 4 final exams, 1 presentation, and 1 more pesky pharmacology exam before it's time to pack up and go home. I really miss my family and friends right now, and most of all I miss Penny. I'm tired of getting up every morning and going to classes all day and then coming home just to study the rest of the night. It's draining, even if I do get plenty of sleep most nights. I'm worried about final exams because I want to do well and not fall short. December 12th just cannot come fast enough!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!! My finals start next week....I'm procrastinating on reading everyone else's blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete