Saturday, December 10, 2011

Airports and Airplanes

Today was a long and exhausting day of traveling! We started the day at 3:30a by heading to the airport to wait for our morning flights. Chatting and Uno kept us occupied while we waited for the airport to open. Checking in wasn't too much of a hassle. I managed to get really lucky and didn't have to have my checked luggage hand searched (because I really don't know how I would have gotten it all re-packed!). After check in it was emigration, security, and more waiting.

Boarding time finally came and we all raced to get on the plane! All of the students were anxious and excited to be leaving for home! I slept the entire flight only waking up to put on my jacket and then later change into pants because I was cold. We landed uneventfully at JFK and made our way through immigration and customs, all of which was very easy.

Next up it was checking in for my next flight, more security, and even more waiting. My first US meal ended up being beef stew from Au Bon Pain, something I used to love getting at Virginia Tech. The final leg of my journey was pretty short and easy, and I spent the whole time chatting with the person next to me which was awesome because it made the flight go really quickly!

Retrieving my luggage was super fast and then it was off to home for dinner, family time, and snuggling with Penny :). Now I am exhausted. And I should be! I've had a whopping total of 6 hours of sleep in the last 60 hours. Oops. Guess I should work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment