Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Absenteeism

Whoops! I've been a little bit forgetful when it comes to updating lately! I promise you're not missing out on much-my life at home is even more mundane than my life at school. Perhaps a little highlights reel is in order for this post.

Friday: nothing terribly exciting to report about Friday. The excitement of the evening came when I got to use my new anatomy knowledge to dislodge a stick from a dog's larygopharynx. Silly neighbors. And parents for thinking the dog was choking (hey-if the dog was choking it would have turned blue and passed out just like a person). Both of my brothers had a full day of school (yay!) and we had pizza for dinner (this is significant and exciting because it was NOT Grenadian pizza and there was no nutmeg in the sauce!).

Saturday: idle Christmas Eve shopping with my mother to escape being in the house. Later in the evening my aunt and grandmother arrived to spend Christmas with us. We had turkey tacos for dinner. I LOVE this meal and it's the first time in 4.5 months that I've had it. There is no ground turkey meat in Grenada and ground beef just isn't the same. My older (but younger) brother* and I played ping pong for two hours!

Sunday: awakened at 8am. Not terrible, but I wanted proof of life of all the other family members before I was crawling out of bed. My youngest brother was VERY excited that Santa had come over night. So was a very curious puppy. We enjoyed a nice family Christmas day unwrapping gifts and spending time together. Everyone liked my Grenadian gifts (spices, chocolate, and trinkets oh my!).

Monday: Penny had a recheck appointment at the vet to see how her teeth were coming along. She got a gold star, yay! No radiographs or CT scan needed! Tomorrow morning she gets her last dose of antibiotics (I know she will be thrilled to get rid of that regime!). A couple of friends from college drove over to visit for the afternoon/evening. More Grenadian trinkets to be given : D. We enjoyed catching up on life and they enjoyed playing with all of the animals at our house (Lance, Lacey, Penny, and my grandmother's yorkie Bo)!

Today: it rained the entire day. Cold, wet, rain. Gross. I suppose it could be worse because it could be snow or ice, but I'm not a fan of cold rain either. My older (but younger) brother* and I did some post Christmas shopping for awhile and then my mother and I took my younger brother to see The Adventures of TinTin. It was pretty cute, but it could have done with a bit of romance (or female characters, because the only woman in the movie was a brief opera singer) and more PG-13/R rated drama haha. Turns out that alcohol/alcoholism and gun violence are all the rage in PG movies nowadays.

The rest of the week: we are off to visit my mother's family in New York for a few days. This likely means no internet access until we get home Friday so don't expect anything before then. Wish me luck with two days of 7 hours of car time for a three day trip.

*My older (but younger) brother: is actually younger than I am-a teenager. However, because he is the older of my two brothers, I almost always call him my older brother, even though we've got a few years in between us (I'm the oldest), and call the little one my younger brother. Sorry, I know that's pretty confusing! I don't always remember to explain this part which has led to confusion before!

No comments:

Post a Comment