Monday, January 2, 2012

Cold Weather

All of the cold weather I've experienced lately makes me really look forward to being back in Grenadian tropical paradise. I'm just not cut out for winter!

Our whirlwind trip to NY to visit family went without a hitch. It's a long 7 hour drive each way that I made better by napping, texting, playing games, and reading. As long and boring as it seems now, it makes me wonder how we ever survived 2 day drives from Texas to Delaware back when we were younger!

I unfortunately failed to look at the weather before we left. I knew it would be cold, so it wasn't like I was unprepared clothing-wise, but cold was an understatement. It was FREEZING!!! And there was snow. Not a fan of either of those, particularly not in combination! Thankfully all the family homes were warm, but going outside (even just to get in the car) was a major systemic shock!

I went to visit a couple of my friends who live in the coastal region of Virginia for the weekend. Much to my excitement, Virginia was SUBSTANTIALLY warmer than NY while I was there haha. My family never does anything for new year's eve, so being able to spend it with people my own age was a huge treat! One of my friends is the superhero who helped me survive term 1 of vet school and the other will be starting school in just a few short weeks! The weekend went really fast and I can't believe it is now a new year-time flies!

Happy New Year! 2011 was full of ups and downs, but I wouldn't change any of it-I hope 2012 gets to be just as amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment