Monday, January 9, 2012

Dentist, Lunch, Snow, and Doctor

It's been a busy day! I think this is going to be the trend for the next 4ish months! I really need to seriously start working on packing, ugh. Last minute errands and appointments dot the week as well.

Today's busyness included a trip to the dentist and the human doctor. My favorites. Particularly the part about the dentist. I'm just not a fan of anything to do with oral cavities and teeth. Not even in animals. This trip to the dentist was actually nearly as bad as they usually are, and it also was really quick! It's not that I have bad teeth or anything, just that I in general hate the dentist. Oh well. My quick trip to the doctor's office turned into a very long ordeal. Apparently everyone is getting sick these days (stay away! I only want healthiness for Grenada and this week!!!!) so they were running quite behind. Made me glad I was just there for a quick recheck!

I met a friend for lunch today in between my two appointments-we went to California Pizza Kitchen. American pizza, how I will miss you while I am gone!! It was delicious. No nutmeg or sweet sauce, just the way pizza is supposed to be! I enjoyed long girly conversations with my friend, hopefully we'll get to catch up throughout the semester too!

Throughout lunch it was flurrying out, the big, clumpy flakes that are pretty to watch as they fall. When we left lunch, I had an hour and thirty minutes to go about 17 miles to my next appointment. When I left I wondered what I was going to do to kill the time in between, but the traffic I encountered answered that question pretty quickly. As a matter of fact, it took the entire hour and thirty five minutes to go the 17 miles!! Between the (not sticking) snow, end of the work day traffic (2:15 seems a little early though), and an accident, it took me an hour to go 4 miles. Good thing I had nothing better to do! Lucky for me, the traffic was so slow, that I was able to read my nook in between moving an inch. Perhaps Barnes and Noble should add that to their advertisement? Haha!

Although I am less than pleased to see the snow, I am the only one. Lacey and Lance are tearing around the yard chasing each other and eating as much snow as they can shove into their mouths. This is Lacey's first snowfall! My youngest brother also thinks the snow is awesome, and I can only guess that both of my brothers are hoping that it will get them a delay for school tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment