Monday, January 23, 2012

Longest Day Ever!

Okay, so it really wasn't the longest day ever, but it sure seemed like it this morning! My alarm went off and all I could think was UGHHHH. It's a good thing I like my first class every day (pharmacology and immunology) because I'm pretty sure I'd never actually make it to my first class if it were something terrible like anatomy. And since anatomy is second, I'd probably theoretically skip till 10a if I didn't like the first class (maybe even just come for physio because I haven't figured out what I'm learning in bacteriology yet). So yeah, it could be  real disaster, but fortunately it's not.

Anyhow, as classes dragged on this morning, I swear it felt like the day was never going to end. Even at lunch time it was still pretty daunting since I knew I had 4 hours left to go (3 being anatomy lab-ugh!). I also really wanted a nap at lunch, but alas I don't really have enough time any more so I actually ate lunch (something that became quite rare last semester!).

So I headed off to anatomy lab dreading 2.5 hours with stinky, rotting donkey flesh, and then something magical happened! I actually became involved and interested in what was going on with the dissection (and it didn't smell too awful at first) and before I knew it, it was time to clean up! Yup, that's right, I managed to make it an entire 2.5 hours without once looking at the clock! Crazy!!! I am definitely hoping to keep up with this trend in the next 25 labs (yes, I am still counting down how many I have left haha).

Physical diagnosis wasn't too bad either. Although kind of dull, it held my attention enough to make the class period go by quickly. We talked about writing a SOAP (medical record stuff) and taking a good history.

Although at dinner it felt like 2 days worth of activities had happened, I am very glad that the afternoon went by quickly and even the evening passed pretty fast. After all, I'm currently wondering how it is 11:15p! Almost time for bed so I can get up and do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment