Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lazy Study Day

Although yesterday my brain was having a hard time believing I have a physiology exam on Monday, today it decided that perhaps some studying would be in order. I spent the day kind of just lounging around and reviewing my notes and study objectives in detail. I'm not terribly concerned about this exam. Partly because I feel like I have a decent handle on the material, and partly because it's the first exam and I don't really know what to expect. Since this is the case, I can do one of two things: panic about not knowing how it will go, or do the very best I can to prepare myself and let the rest be as it will. Much to my delight I'm opting to go with the latter. Much less stressful that way!

I still have a long list of things to do and study in addition to physiology this weekend, hopefully I'll make more progress tomorrow! I have been working really hard this semester to try and stay on top of all of the material at the same time, but we'll see how long it lasts (hopefully the whole semester!). The two subjects I haven't done a very good job with so far are anatomy (no surprise there I'm sure) and bacteriology. I'm still working on figuring out study strategies for both classes (although I think I've finally figured out to attack anatomy-yay!). Anatomy is anatomy, but the main problem with bacteriology is that the material isn't presented very well or clearly. Luckily, we only have that class 3-4 times a week (3 times last week) so it shouldn't be too bad trying to get back on top of it all.

At the end of the week I have my first anatomy exam. Unlike last semester, the exams do not include a laboratory portion. I don't really care either way, but it certainly takes the pressure off the two semester exams a bit! I'm sure it will come back to bite me on the midterm and final though! Then next week starts with bacteriology on Monday and Immunology on Thursday. They certainly plan to keep us very busy all semester! The entire semester basically looks like this-two exams per week. Some times two exams is substituted for a midterm exam or a final, but other than that, they're keeping us in line! Makes it feel less like week 3 and more like the middle of the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment