Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quick Musings

I'm headed off to Grand Anse beach in a few minutes, but rather than use my time wisely and get a few minutes of study time in before I go, I've decided to post here.

Med school roomie still has some sort of nasty illness. Other vet roomie and I are TERRIFIED of catching what ever it is that has the poor girl coughing and sputtering and feeling super lousy. She also has two final exams this week-no fun!! Anyhow, this relates back to me because although I really don't believe in it, I bought Airborne back before I came to the island. The idea was to load up on it before and during my plane rides (since illness, planes, and me seem to go hand in hand), but I was accidentally stupid and put it in my checked luggage. Pat on the back to me. So now I have this bottle of vitamin tablets. I decided today that it really couldn't hurt to give them a try considering all of the sickness that I am currently in such close proximity to. They're chewable. And berry flavored. How bad could they possibly be?? AWFUL! EW. I tried one, it was disgusting. Sickeningly sweet and tart while having that disgusting vitamin taste. I really don't know what made me think chewable would be a good idea. EW.

I have also managed to get both of my feet into my mouth (metaphorically) since this month has started. And although January is winding down, I am really hoping there isn't room for a fist or two while I'm at it. I'm stressed out enough as it is over these situations, please don't let me add more to the pile! And school is going to be picking up soon too, so that will just add so much more fun to the mix. I have my first two exams next week! Eek!

I was on call last night at our animal hospital. It was a quiet night. The only call we received turned out to be a pocket dial. We had one semi high maintenance patient that was mine last night, but it was really mostly because we were monitoring sky high blood pressure every two hours and there was usually a drug or two to go with each round. No calls over night, and the person I worked with last night took the phone home (major yay!!!). I was really hoping not to have to come down off my mountain at 8am (have I mentioned how much I dislike the mountain yet?? ugh, mandatory exercise!). Oh and the most amazing part of last night? Dr. Delgado was magically able to get my thermometer to go back to being set in Fahrenheit!!! Some time last semester a magical combination of buttons was pushed in my pocket that made it switch to Celsius. Annoying, but I figured I'd just look up how to switch it back. So I did. Well, I was able to figure out how to switch it to F each time it was turned on, but could not for the life of me get it to stay that way! Every time you turned it off, it went back to being in C. Which is just plain annoying! I mentioned it last night and he played around with it and now it's back to always being in F and I am so excited!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment