Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Run Down of the Day

I'm blanking on any fun stories I may have to share, so you're stuck with a run down of my day-sorry!

Still not digging this 8am stuff. Rough times and I can't wait for 3rd term because it means I'll be back to having class in the afternoon!! Although I am currently enjoying having a few afternoons off, I would rather have class in the afternoon and have the morning to be lazy, I just function better that way. I'm not really going to get anything accomplished until the evening hits either way.

Anyhow, we had 4 classes this morning-pharmacology, anatomy, bacteriology, and physiology. Nothing overly special. SCAVMA had a lunchtime lecture today that involved free pizza, so I definitely went to that (free lunch!!!). They have several visiting Class of 2010 alumni on the island currently so it was just a nice little Q and A session for current students to pick the brains of newish grads. I enjoyed it (and the food) and felt that it was informative.

Next up was some idle studying. I really wanted to watch a show on my computer (White Collar) but the internet has been VERY slow lately and refused to load for me. I did some coloring in my anatomy book and decided it was relax/brief nap time. Which inevitably lasted way longer than I wanted, but oh well. I enjoyed the nap and pleasure reading. I kind of wanted to go to the beach on my afternoon off, but I am currently ever so slightly sick and decided it just wasn't worth the effort.

Next up was a SVECCS meeting. It was basically just an info meeting about how the club works and schedule sign ups for on call shifts. I'm bummed that I can't do as many this semester because of 8am Monday morning exams. It would be a bit of a disaster to get called in overnight if I had an exam the next morning and no chance to sleep it off (3 more classes, then 3 hours of lab and another class in the afternoon). Oh well. I'll be busy for sure!

I stuck around for our Exotics and Wildlife Society meeting. Although they seem like really cool people, it's just not a club I think I'll find myself actively involved in (a conclusion I reached last semester too). My heart does not lie in exotic animal medicine although I think it is very neat. It's the kind of stuff I'd like to have to opportunity to do once or twice just for the experience, but not something I want to do for the rest of my life.

The rest of the evening was devoted to studying and procrastinating. I finally go my show to load so I watched that too : D. Now I am looking forward to clearing all of the books and notes off of my bed and going to sleep! Another 8am morning awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment