Sunday, December 4, 2011

Coral Reef

A friend and I decided to go for a mid-day swim today (so as to maximize the strength of the sun's rays haha). We started off along the campus shoreline and made our way out to an island, collecting sea shells and swimming over beautiful tropical fish and corals the whole way.

It was a beautiful day for a swim along a set of tropical islands. The corals and the fish contain so many vibrant colors! Blues, greens, oranges, reds, yellows, purples, heck even the black fish are really beautiful because they stand out amongst all the others. I wish I could identify more of the fish, but I know that I saw some parrotfish, tangs, and gobies. Oh! And I can't forget the gazillion sea urchins! Some are small, others are softball sized with foot long spines! Some are purple, some are black, and some are red.

All in all we swam for about an hour and a half (it was a long trip!). I can't wait to have an underwater camera with me next semester so I can share some of these treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment